Monday, January 26, 2009

Nursery area complete!

Last weekend my sister Sage came over and helped put all the leaves on the tree applique behind the crib. Kailen and I had gotten as far as the trunk and branches, but now spring has sprung! The Etsy seller even threw in a bunch of birdies and a couple of large owls, all for free! We put one birdie in the tree and still need to find homes for the rest. I was pleasantly surprised to find that our crib sheets match the tree perfectly, and all by accident. With the exception of a few minor details, it's done! What do you think of the finished product?







Also, last Saturday Sarah E. hosted a wonderful shower for us at her home in San Ramon. Sarah was my maid of honor, and I think of her as the older sister I got to choose. Her three sweet boys call me Auntie Zoe and we always joke about how confused they'll be the day that they find out we're not really related. We had a wonderful time. Once again, we were incredibly touched by the love our friends and family members already have for this little girl before she has even arrived. I'll be posting pictures very soon!

Here I am as of Thursday morning:



And according to babycenter.com:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Oh wow!!! The nursery came out GREAT!!! I LOVE the tree... and the furniture set is so nice!! Great job Zoe!

indy said...

Oh my gosh - everything looks sooooo cute! That Etsy website is awesome! I don't suppose West Campus would appreciate me decaling one of my student housing walls....

Your Auntie comment made me laugh. Back in the Islands, everyone 20+ years older than you is your auntie or your uncle. When I went back to Trinidad, I had no idea who was really family.

I think you look a tiny bit bigger in this photo! It's hard to tell scrolling back and forth between the January pictures. Make me a flip book.

Do you have any interesting changes to report? My mom said her hair went curly when she was pregnant.

:)

Shannon said...

Love, Love, Love the nursery. So cute.

Anonymous said...

CUTE. I haven't seen the room since it had your futon and desk in it. That applique is rad! Yay for Etsy.

Meg said...

It looks great! I love that etsy seller. :)

Lea said...

i LOOOOOVE the nursery, you guys did such a cute job! you're getting so close... i'm really excited for you!