Friday, January 9, 2009

A shower funny, and 32 week update

At my shower, Robin and Garrett gave us a cute little stuffed doggie toy that looks just like their dog, Butterbean. As soon as I took it out of its box, Mr. Pickles, the Hamiltons' chihuahua, started barking and growling at it! He must have thought it was a real dog. The funniest part was when I set the toy dog on its side in a more submissive position, Mr. Pickles calmed down and came over to sniff it. We were all laughing to the point of tears. Quick thinking Sarah captured it all on video, which I now present to you for your viewing pleasure!



Also, today marks the beginning of week 32, which also happens to be the beginning of month 8. Holy cow, that means I'm 8 months pregnant! I had a checkup with my OB on Monday and she confirmed that everything is proceeding along just fine, and she believes the baby is in a head down position based on feeling my belly. She'll do a quick ultrasound at my 36 week appointment to confirm.

Speaking of ultrasounds, we've decided to get a 3-d ultrasound. I went back and forth on this a lot since it is an unnecessary procedure, but in the end I feel that I may regret not doing it and that it will be a really neat thing to share with baby ZoKay when she's a bit older. And I have to admit that I'm dying of curiosity to get another peek at her! Our appointment is at 5:30 this afternoon and if we get good shots I will definitely post them here.

Here's the outside view as of yesterday:



And according to BabyCenter.com:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

1 comment:

Eric said...

they have jicama!!?!?!