Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another major pregnancy milestone...

I almost forgot...I found my first stretch marks about a week ago. As some may know, K and I found out that we were expecting during my family reunion in June. One of the great things about that was being able to grill all of the women in my family about their pregnancy experiences. I was thrilled to discover that NONE of them had ever gotten stretch marks during pregnancy, and as I've been reading genetics plays the biggest role in whether or not you'll get them, no matter how much cocoa butter lotion you slather on your growing belly. "Great," I thought, "I might not get them either!"

But...I have a rather large scar on my lower abdomen from an emergency appendectomy when I was 15, and scar tissue just doesn't stretch like regular skin does. So now I have a small but angry-looking red stretch mark radiating up from the inner end of my scar. I also found a few more in...ahem...other areas.

This is the most minor of possible complaints, but I thought it was worth mentioning. She's definitely well worth it!

3 comments:

~M~ said...

You should name your stretch mark Hedwig (you know, 'cause it's angry!)

Terry's world said...

really cool to see the pix, a cute little one. good work. love t

Alison said...

That's what my hubby keeps telling me... worth it in the end, worth it in the end!!