Monday, December 29, 2008

"Nursery" progress!

We finally got a chance to put together the crib and dresser/changer over the weekend! And can I just say how much I love them? They're much nicer in person than they looked from the website, and the quality seems great. I didn't know that the crib had a drop-side AND teething guards, although now I see that both are listed right in the online description. I had also forgotten that we ordered them in the cherry color, which is very pretty in person and matches our bed almost perfectly. We've had them for almost 2 months but hadn't even opened the boxes, so these were all nice surprises. Here are some photos:

Kailen being silly:

















Pitsie checking out construction progress:


Pretty toile drawer liners I added (really just a roll of nice wrapping paper attached to the drawer bottoms with spray adhesive):


























Putting the last drawer in place and the last screw on the crib:














Voila! The finished product: