Friday, December 19, 2008

Goodbye back pain!

I had two appointments with a chiropractor this week and for the first time in recent memory, I woke up without ANY back pain over the weekend! Hopefully it will last, but if not, now I know what to do - go see Dr. Moss! I was her last appointment today, and apparently she just loves giving massages so she kept me an hour longer than my actual appointment time and, after a few minutes of adjusting my sacrum which has been pulled way out of alignment, gave me the most amazing massage I've ever had. It was wonderful. Thank you Dr. Moss! She also told me that she plans to give me another massage as close as possible to my due date, and that if I'm interested, she can do a few tricks to help my labor start.

On a not-so-good note, I failed my 1-hour glucose test by 3 points so now I need to have the 3-hour test to rule out gestational diabetes. I'm sure I don't have GD and that failing the test was due to what I had eaten beforehand (an apple and a grapefruit), so it's a bummer to have to go back. Especially since the 3-hour test involves having my blood drawn 4 times in 3 hours.

Here I am at 29 weeks:



















And as for baby Zokay:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your bump is getting bigger, so cute!