..."Hi, chubby" is NOT the proper way to greet a pregnant woman (or anyone for that matter)! I don't think I look particularly chubby these days, and if I did, said chubbiness certainly wouldn't be up for discussion or OK to comment on. I don't get why some people think it's okay to openly pass judgment on pregnant women's sizes when they most certainly wouldn't say the same things to a non-pregnant person. And equating pregnancy with obesity? I really don't get that one.
In fact, this is probably the first time in my entire life that I haven't had any negative body image issues to deal with. I'm amazed at what my body is doing, all on its own - building a whole human being, from scratch! When I'm out and about and I see another pregnant woman, I grin and think to myself "you are AMAZING!"
I have so much respect for my body right now that there's simply no place for self consciousness. When I look in the mirror I feel nothing but a sense of awe!
6 years ago
1 comment:
Who said this to you?! I hope they were joking around but that's lame. Your "nursery" looks great!
Post a Comment