Friday, December 12, 2008

28 weeks

Just a quick update this time. At yoga this week our regular instructor (who is also a doula) was away at a birth so we had a substitute. It was Mireille, OUR doula! That was a nice surprise. She has a midwifery conference in mid-March and may not be able to be with us if I go overdue but she has arranged a great backup doula for us. I feel that we are in very good hands with Mireille. We start our 9-week Bradley Method childbirth prep class this Monday. Things are moving right along!

Here's me at 28 weeks:





















And according to babycenter.com:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

2 comments:

Stefanie K. said...

Cute preggo belly! :) So awesome that you're doing Bradley Method. I'm a ways off from having babies of my own, but my good family friend is a Bradley instructor and I've been sure I want to go Bradley method for as long as I can remember thinking about that kind of stuff. It just seems like such an awesome experience. I'm sure you're going to have a great time in your classes.

Mommy Moreno said...

look at that BABY BELLY!! sooo cute! and you are getting so close to meeting that sweet little baby. I cant wait! ;)