We're feeling sort of lost in a sweet haze of newbornness, where time stops yet flies by at the same time. Kailen went back to work after the first week. He's eligible to take up to 7 weeks off, but he decided to take Fridays off until mid-October instead of taking his leave as a chunk of time. My mom has been here since last Saturday helping out a TON. I seriously don't know what I would have done without her, and I'm a little afraid of what will happen when she leaves. Last Sunday she even made us breakfast in bed! We've had a steady stream of visitors including grandma Marge, aunties Sage, Madylan and Heather and cousins Shasta and Jevria, in addition to lots of friends and other admirers. Everyone seems to agree that we "made a good one."
Here are some pictures from Kyva's first two weeks!
Posing in front of our cheesy garage sign/balloons:


Proud Grandmas Marge (Kailen's mom) and Renee (Zoe's mom):

Auntie Heather with new cousins (yay...cousins!) Shasta and Jevria:

Aunties Sage and Madylan:


Pitsie and Kyva getting to know eachother:

Visits from Vi, Caitlin and Molly:



Visiting daddy Kailen at work:

Who knew nursing pads made such perfect yarmulkes?

Doing a pretty good impression of her peapod doll:
3 comments:
GREAT pictures, Zoe! I especially thought her pea pod impression was cute. ;o) I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks. Wow.
Awwww! So cute! Great pics!
I like the picture of all the dudes standing around being like, "Yup! It's a baby!" I don't think you'd see a picture of a group of women observing a baby like that from a distance. Someone would have to have their hands on her!
Post a Comment