Monday, February 9, 2009

Refinishing Popi's cradle

Before I was born, my dad (Popi) built me a beautiful wooden cradle with his own hands. My mom brought it down to us from Oregon when she came for Thanksgiving. It's always been a part of my life, and now it will be a part of our daughter's life too. After 31 years it was still in pretty good shape, but needed a bit of refinishing. Kailen and I sanded it down and added a couple of coats of new varnish this weekend. My mom made a new mattress and bumper out of pink flannel. I don't have a photo of the finished product, but trust me...it's lovely! Here are some photos we took while refinishing it:


3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh wow... so special!!

Kelly Marie said...

How very special :) It's gorgeous!

caitlin said...

Wow, that is beautiful! A family heirloom in the making.